St. Paul’s United Church of Christ is located in Trexlertown, PA at the corner of Trexlertown Road and Church Lane, 0.3 miles south of Hamilton Blvd.. The Church has a ramp for easy access, elevator and we offer aids for the hearing impaired.
A Brief History of the United Church of Christ and St. Paul’s UCC
The United Church of Christ is a merger of two great Protestant denominations in 1957. The Evangelical and Reformed Church came from Germany and Switzerland, and the Congregational-Christian Churches came from England (the Puritans and Pilgrims).
As early as 1740, there was record of local folks gathering for worship at Trexlertown, the oldest town in the area. In 1874, St. Paul’s Union Church, made up of Reformed and Lutheran Congregations, was formed and a church erected. The original building served the two congregations until 1922. In 1925, the present impressive stone building was dedicated.
In 1986, the Union Church dissolved with the Lutheran congregation relocating to their present location just west of Trexlertown on Weilers Rd. St. Paul's remained in their historic building under the leadership of Rev. Robert Titus.
Rev. Robert Titus served for 32 years of ministry at St. Paul’s UCC. Beginning in 1990, Rev. Jim Knappenberger served for 17 years as St. Paul's Pastor. Rev. Linda Lennon served for 10 years as Associate Pastor beginning in 1997.
In 2009 Rev. Al Bastin and his wife Rev. Carol Bastin began serving as co-Pastors.
Pastor Al became the sole Pastor at St. Paul's in February 2014 when Pastor Carol went to serve another UCC congregation in Allentown.